Cristiano Ronaldo: I'm better than Messi

The Real Madrid player has just finished the season of his life, winning Spain's La Liga while vanquishing the club's hated Catalan foes Barcelona. He scored more goals than he ever has before too, 46 in the league to be precise, and 60 overall. Yet even though Madrid finished nine points clear of second place, it is Barca's Lionel Messi that still gets all the attention. "Some people say I'm better, other people say it's him, but at the end of the day, they're going to decide who is the best player," Ronaldo told CNN in an exclusive interview before this weekend's Champions League final between Bayern Munich and Chelsea at Munich's Allianz Arena. "At the moment ... I think it is me," he laughs.
WATCH THIS
"At the moment ... I think it is me," he laughs. Road to the Champions League final Messi wins third straight Ballon D'or European football season review European football season review "Sometimes (the comparisons with Messi) makes me tired ... for him too because they compare us together all the time. Messi breaks Barcelona's all-time scoring record "You cannot compare a Ferrari with a Porsche because it's a different engine. You cannot compare them. He does the best things for Barcelona, I do the best things for Madrid. "I think we push each other sometimes in the competition, this is why the competition is so high. This is why Madrid and Barcelona are the best teams in the world because everyone pushes each other, not just me and Messi but other players."
WATCH THIS